This all day program synthesizes the critical elements of diabetes care and education. Through dynamic presentations and case studies, we will provide you with creative strategies to succeed at teaching in today’s fast paced health care environment. In addition, small group activities allow participants to improve clinical confidence and diabetes problem solving skills. The goal is for participants to leave the seminar feeling more empowered and confident advocating for excellence in diabetes care.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for all health care professionals including providers, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and educators who want to:
- Get re-energized about diabetes care and education
- Enjoy a comprehensive and reality based review of "the basics and beyond" of diabetes management.
- Keep abreast of the rapidly changing strategies in diabetes management
- Refine their skills and improve competencies in diabetes problem solving.
- Learn practical approaches to educating patients about diabetes self-management.
Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDE, BC-ADM
- October 5
- 7:30am – 4:00pm