This series is a program developed to help individuals reduce their risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes.
The PREvent program is:
- A series of 4 one-hour classes taught by Registered Dietitians
- 2 post-program support group meetings
The goal of the program is to promote learning and behavior change in a relaxed setting. It is a supportive environment that encourages support from peers and the educators.
What will you learn?
- What is Pre-diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes
- Nutrition strategies to improve overall health, blood sugar, and heart health
- Practical tools for meal planning
- Tips for addressing weight concerns
- Physical activity guidance
- Goal setting and behavior change
Support groups offer accountability and a time to discuss problem-solving.
Who can attend?
Anyone! No referral required.
Individuals encouraged to act: Those with pre-diabetes, history of gestational diabetes, BMI of 28 or higher, and those with a family history of Type 2 Diabetes. Individuals just looking to be proactive in their health are also welcome.
To participate in the program, you must sign-up for classes 1-4. Due to COVID-19, information about support groups will be offered during your 4th class.
Cost: the class series is $100.00. This is a one-time fee and covers all four classes taught by Registered Dietitians, the class materials and tools, as well as the support groups. Classes will be completed in 4 weeks. You will have the option to select a Monday evening track or a Tuesday morning track.
- If you register for the Monday track, from 4:30 -5:30 PM, those dates are: July 13th , July 20th, July 27th, and August 3rd. You are required to attend all 4 classes.
- If you register for the Tuesday track, from 9:00 - 10:00 AM, those dates are: July 14th, July 21st, July 28th, and August 4th. You are required to attend all 4 classes.
For more information, call the Portneuf Diabetes and Nutrition Education Clinic at (208) 239-2070.
- July 13 to August 3
- July 14 to August 4
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- 9:00am – 10:00am