Portneuf Health Partners

April 25th, 2018

With the changing needs of our organization, please join us in welcoming and congratulating the following individuals in their new leadership roles at Portneuf Medical Center: Angela Treasure, RN; Dan Snell, MD; Joseph Higgins, RN and Donna Bergman, MBA, FACMPE.

Angela Treasure, RN was promoted to Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). We are thrilled to promote from within for this crucial leadership position.  Angela has been a champion for patient safety,  quality and process improvement and we are excited to have her at the helm. She is deeply committed to our community, to our Portneuf family and she is especially dedicated to working with our nursing staff.  Angela joined the Portneuf family 23 years ago.  She has worked in the pediatrics, NICU, and ED units as well as case management.  With this experience and the fact that she grew up in Blackfoot, she brings a rich understanding and empathy to this position. We are very fortunate to have Angela’s expertise and leadership.

Dan Snell, MD and Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will serve as the primary link between administration and our medical staff. It has been many years since Portneuf has had a CMO and we look forward to having another key champion for patient safety, quality, and satisfaction. Dr. Snell recently served as Chief of the Medical Staff and as a member of the Hospital Board of Trustees.  He holds a Masters degree in Public Health from the University of Utah and has been on our medical staff for over 10 years.  Dan has a passion for Portneuf, a love for its employees, a deep admiration for his physician colleagues, and a firm commitment to our community and to Eastern Idaho.  Dan will serve in his role as CMO 80 percent of the time while continuing his practice as an anesthesiologist the other 20 percent.  We are all very excited to have him in this new role!

We are also excited to have Joseph Higgins, RN assume the responsibility over everything related to IT as our new Vice President of Informatics and Analytics.  It is impossible to talk about Quality, Patient Safety, and Process Improvement without also talking about IT.  In today’s world, they are one in the same.  What makes Joe unique in this role is that he is both an experienced clinician and an IT guru.  Originally from Pocatello, he has spent the last several years helping LHP and Ardent facilities implement IT strategies.  Additionally, Joe will be our operational point person during our transition to Epic as an electronic medical record.  We are very fortunate to have Joe’s expertise and leadership and are thrilled he has finally come home!

 

Donna Bergman, MBA, FACMPE transitions from her role as VP of Employed Physician Services to our Chief Improvement Officer. In her new role, she will oversee education, training, and implementation of Portneuf’s Continuous Improvement (PCI) system. Donna will spearhead the culture of continuous improvement full-time.  Donna’s goal is to home-grow hundreds of trained management experts within the organization. We are excited to have Donna assisting so many of our leaders’ proficiency with process improvement.

These leadership changes, will help Portneuf continue the mission of world class care to every patient, every time as we all work together to reach our vision of being the best community hospital in America.

Close
loading...