In response to the local decrease in COVID-19 cases, Portneuf Medical Center is revising its visitation policies. As of Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 6 a.m., Portneuf is allowing one designated visitor per the duration of a patient’s hospital stay.
Patients in the following departments are allowed two designated visitors per hospital stay:
• Labor & Delivery/Women’s Center
• Emergency Department
The following guidelines will continue to be in effect:
• Visitors must wear hospital approved (surgical) mask while at Portneuf Medical Center.
• Visiting hours will be from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily.
• The safety of our patients and our staff is always our first concern; there may be times, even within normal visiting hours, when we must restrict the length of visits or suspend them altogether for our patient’s safety and comfort.
• No visitors under the age of 18.
• No visitors allowed in COVID-19 positive patient areas.
• Exceptions are made for patients who meet specific criteria, such as end of life. Any exceptions will be discussed with the house supervisor and/or the chief medical officer.
• Visitors will be screened and temperature checked.
• Visitors with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, awaiting a COVID–19 test result or recently
exposed to a COVID–19 positive person will not be allowed entry.
No visitors will be allowed in any of Portneuf’s outpatient clinics. Exceptions may apply. Visit Portneuf.org/visitorsandtesting for more information.