At Portneuf Primary Care and Behavioral Health Clinic, we believe it’s important to be proactive in your health care. Eating healthy, exercising, avoiding tobacco, and timely preventive health screenings are just a few examples of ways to stay healthy. The right preventive care at every stage of life helps us stay healthy, avoid or delay the onset of disease, keep existing diseases from becoming worse or debilitating, lead productive lives, and reduce our total health care costs.
When you visit Portneuf Primary Care & Behavioral Health Clinic you’ll be cared for by Board Certified Family Practice physicians known for their expertise in the diagnoses and treatment of a wide range of conditions including ailments like injuries, cuts, bruises, and cold or flu symptoms.
Our experienced physicians also treat chronic ailments such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, and perform pap smears, prostate exams, employment physicals and work related injuries.
The Family Medicine Physicians at Portneuf Primary Care & Behavorial Health Clinic provide ongoing primary care and comprehensive medical evaluations for patients in southeast Idaho. Diagnostic and surgical procedures performed in the Family Medicine specialty include:
- Acute care for short-term illness
- Annual health evaluations
- Behavioral Health – Outpatient
- Biopsy and excision of skin lesions
- Flu shots, allergy injections and immunizations
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Intrauterine device (IUD) placement and removal
- Joint injections
- Lab services
- Newborn and well-child care
- Ongoing care of chronic problems
- Palliative care
- Physical exams for sports, school and summer camp
- Preventive care, health screening and physical exams for individuals of all ages
- Routine care for women, including Pap smears, pelvic and breast exams
- Minor surgery (including vasectomy and circumcision)
- Treatment of complex and long-term medical conditions including diabetes and high blood pressure
- Treatment of minor injuries