- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Diseases
- American Board of Internal Medicine in Interventional Cardiology
Education & Training:
- University of Colorado, Medical School
- St. Luke's Medical Center, Cardiology Fellowship
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
Dr. Gonzalez was the first in his entire family to enter the medical profession and has now been followed by 4 nephews and a son who are physicians as well. He entered the medical profession because of a profound sense of empathy and compassion for those who were ill, in addition to the sense of fulfillment it gives him to help others get well. He and his wife have 7 children, who are the center of their lives. Dr. Gonzalez along with his wife, who played for Kansas, and family have a love for basketball. He was the preferred cardiologist for the Denver Nuggets for 12 years. Dr. Gonzalez has had three children play Division I basketball. His twin daughters have played for Kansas and UNLV and his son has played for St. Mary's and is currently playing for UC Davis. Sports, entertaining and travel keep him busy when he's not in the office.