Updated October 2021
One designated visitor will be allowed for the duration of the hospital stay and in the emergency department. Patients in the following departments will be allowed two visitors:
- Labor & Delivery/Women’s Center
The following guidelines will continue to be in effect:
- Visitors must wear hospital approved (surgical) mask while at Portneuf Medical Center.
- Visiting hours are daily from 8am-8pm
- The safety of our patients and our staff is always our first concern; there may be times, even within normal visiting hours, when we must restrict the length of visits or suspend them altogether for our patient’s safety and comfort.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- No visitors allowed in COVID positive patient areas.
- No visitors in the Behavior Health Unit allowed at this time.
- Exceptions are made for patients who meet specific criteria, such as end of life. Any exceptions will be discussed with the house supervisor and/or the chief medical officer.
- Visitors will be screened and temperature checked.
- Visitors with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, awaiting a COVID–19 test result, or recently exposed to a COVID–19 positive person will not be allowed entry.
Clinics and Outpatient Services
No visitors allowed unless one of the following exceptions apply.
- Patients having a procedure, an ambulatory or same day surgery, or an IR procedure
- Parents accompanying a child
- Visitors supporting patients who are not able to navigate clinic appointments without support
- Partners accompanying pregnant patients to the Portneuf Medical Group OB/GYN Clinic.
Visitor restrictions may be difficult for many patients and their families. We encourage you to stay connected via technology.
All patient rooms have a landline telephone. Rooms can be reached by dialing (208) 239 – 2 + the three digit room number or by dialing our switchboard at (208) 239-1000 and asking to be connected to the patient room.
If a patient is confidential in our system, our switchboard will not transfer a caller.
Patients with a smart phone are encouraged to use technology like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Skype and other available apps. Video recordings within the building are not allowed.
What should I expect when I visit?
Be prepared to answer our screening questions as well as a temperature check upon arrival.
Policies for our Medical Group Clinics:
Visitor Policies for our medical group clinics are the same as the visitor policies for the hospital (see above). This includes:
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Heart & Lung
- Infectious Disease
- Lung & Sleep
- Nephrology & Dialysis
- Neuroscience & Rehab
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Surgical Specialists
- Wound Care
Policies for our Off-Site Locations:
Visitor Policies for our off-site locations are the same as the visitor policies for the hospital (see above). This includes:
- Portneuf Primary Care
- Cancer Center
- Diabetes Education
- Idaho Medical Imaging
- Idaho Vein Center
- Work Medicine
As of Monday, September 6th, Portneuf Medical Center will no longer be collecting COVID swabs on outpatients in the outpatient draw station.
COVID-19 collection and testing is available:
ISU Eames Complex
1999 Alvin Ricken Drive
Monday – Friday from 9am-4pm
Click HERE for Southeast Idaho Public Health Information on Testing