Childbirth is a family event
Whether you are a first time parent or adding another little bundle to your family, we know that parents-to-be have many questions. We understand the joy and excitement as well as the various anxieties that often accompany pregnancy and childbirth. Choosing where to celebrate a child’s birth is one of the most important decisions expectant parents make during pregnancy. Plan ahead and consider the best birth place for both mom and baby; consider a facility that is well staffed by experienced professionals who are ready to respond to different birth scenarios, most importantly, find a facility that is well prepared to expect even the unexpected.
While we at Portneuf deliver about 1500 babies each year, no birth is routine and no baby is ordinary. Every delivery is a miracle. From your first childbirth education class, to your baby’s first days at home, our experienced newborn care team is here for you and your family. We continue to offer care and support even after you take your baby home.
- Each of our private LDRP (labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum) rooms have been designed to provide maximum comfort and the technology necessary to ensure safe outcomes for both mother and infant.
- We have spacious Jacuzzi tubs, beds for dads and a spectacular mountain view.
- For the safety of your newest family member, we have an electronic infant security system
- Operating rooms are conveniently located for Cesarean section (c-section) deliveries
- All of our obstetricians are board certified
- A level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is available for infants who require extra special care
- Our nurse are specially-trained in labor, deliver, and post-partum care
- Your Labor Nurse follows you everywhere to ensure consistent and personalized care
Giving birth in a full-service hospital provides the optimum in safety and comfort.
Registration is required and includes the expectant mother and one adult support person. This event is not suitable for children. Please call 239-1400 for more information