“Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”
~Favorite Quote of our nearly 5 decade Portneuf Volunteer, Karen
Become a Volunteer
No Experience Necessary:
If you are kind, compassionate, and friendly and like to provide service to others, you are qualified to be a volunteer! Volunteers come from all walks of life. Some are stay at home moms, many are retired school teachers, some are accountants. Everyone has something unique to offer!
There are many ways to share your time and skills at Portneuf Medical Center, such as helping families in the surgery or Intensive Care waiting rooms, working in the gift shop, greeting visitors and patients at the main information desk or driving our courtesy shuttles. The majority of our volunteer needs are Monday through Friday during normal work hours. We’ll make every effort to place you according to your and our needs, interests, and expectations.
Before You Commit to Volunteering:
Volunteers are a valued resource here at Portneuf Medical Center. As a member of our team, you have an impact on our patients and their experience with us.
- We do not offer internships through our volunteer program
- We do not create positions for your personal or professional goals
- We have specific needs specified by departments that we assist in filling
- No patient care is involved in volunteering at Portneuf
- Before applying, please ask yourself, “Am I applying because I have a sincere volunteer spirit?” and “Can I consistently commit to one shift every week? (Flexible with vacations and days off)
Qualifications and Expectations:
To become a Portneuf Volunteer, you must:
- Complete an interview
- Pass a background check
- Show proof of immunization or update immunization
- Undergo training and shadow a volunteer
- Be trustworthy, dependable, honest, courteous, pleasant, and punctual
- Have a professional attitude and behavior
- Agree to adhere to Portneuf’s Code of Conduct and values: “Doing Well by Doing Right.”
- Agree to support Portneuf’s Mission:
- To continuously improve the quality of healthcare services provided to our hospitals’ patients by creating a collaborative hospital environment that focuses on improving the health of our patients.
- To involve local leaders in the governance of each facility
- To foster physician participation and involvement in hospital management and decision-making
- To recognize the value and contributions of our employees
Benefits of Volunteering:
There are many benefits to becoming a volunteer. In addition to helping others, volunteers have the opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends, and give back to their community.
Adult full-time volunteer benefits include*:
- One free meal in the cafeteria per 4-hour shift
- Complimentary uniform
- Volunteer discount in cafeteria
- Attend employee and volunteer socials throughout the year
- Free flu shots
*applies to adult volunteers only
Thank you for your interest in Portneuf Medical Center. For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact Monica, Director of Volunteers Services • Send email to Monica, or call 208-239-1155
Click HERE to begin the Application Process