About Portneuf Health Trust
Portneuf Health Trust, Inc. was incorporated in Idaho in 2002 as a supporting organization with the purpose of supporting and improving health care at Portneuf Medical Center. In February of 2009, Portneuf Health Trust formed a joint venture with LHP Hospital Group to own and operate Portneuf Medical Center. Due to this fundamental change in operations, Portneuf Health Trust has re-established its purpose.
Enhance and improve the health of Southeastern Idaho and surrounding areas.
The Portneuf Health Trust will be a successful initiative driven leader in improving health in our community. The Portneuf Health Trust will be recognized as a model for other health foundations throughout the country.
One of the Health Trusts primary obligations is the stewardship and ownership in Portneuf Medical Center. To that end, the Portneuf Health Trust strives to support the following values for PMC:
- Local and regional strength
- Clinical excellence
- Commitment to physicians
- Commitment to future capital investment in PMC
- Public and not-for-profit hospital characteristics
- Access to care regardless of ability to pay
- Community care beyond PMC’s facilities
- Commitment to the community
- Reporting the benefit to the community
- Maintain local governance
- Medical community and management experience
- Regulatory compliance
- Financial stability and efficiency
Portneuf Health Trust, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.