Portneuf Medical Group - Urology
777 Hospital Way, Ste 215
Pocatello, ID 83201
American Board of Urology - Urology
Education & Training:
Internship: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Medical School: Duke University School Of Medicine
Residency: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Peter J. Jones, MD is a native of the Western United States, having been born and raised in Utah. He attended Utah State University, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology. He then attended medical school at Duke University School of Medicine in beautiful North Carolina.
Thanks to some excellent experiences in medical school, he decided to pursue his training in urologic surgery and was fortunate to complete his urology training at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
After 10 years away from family, he and his family decided to return to their roots and move back West. They have been in Pocatello since 2012 and love the area and the wonderful people who live here. He and his wife have four children, all of whom have become very active in the artistic and athletic communities found in this great area.
He is pleased to offer the following services:
- Women’s Urologic Services
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Men’s Health Services
- Low Testosterone
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
- Undescended Testicle
- Open, laparoscopic and robotic treatment of complex urologic cancers including bladder, kidney and prostate.
- Open and robotic surgery of urinary reconstruction
- Stricture disease
- Testicular and Scrotal surgery
- Management of urologic trauma
- Comprehensive stone management including surgical and medical treatment
- Bipolar and laser prostate surgery
- Management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder including neuromodulation and Botox therapy
- Medical and surgical management of male and female incontinence
- Medical and surgical management of erectile dysfunction
- Select pediatric urologic care
- REZUM - For patients with BPH this is an alternative to managed medication or watchful waiting. It is an in-office procedure that uses steam to ablate the prostate, killing cells and shrinking the prostate down.
Submitted by ahs-admin on Fri, 12/29/2017 - 12:36
Prompt courteous and fun.....
— Jeffry Mooney
My last physical showed that my PSA reading was slightly elevated. My physician referred me to Dr Jones for a follow up appointment. This was concerning but Dr Jones explained everything about the reading in an easy way to understand. I appreciate the time Dr Jones spent in his schedule to relieve the concerns I had.
— Gail Burton
Worked me in on short notice. Was direct and to the point with information. Facilitated next steps in diagnostics and treatment.
— Scott Higgins
I had a Ruzum procedure done by Dr. Jones today. It was extremely quick for I walked in and less than 30 minutes later I walked out. Upon competition of the procedure he said all looked and went well and that he'd see me in 4 weeks for a follow-up appointment and walked out of the room. The attending nurse finished up with my catheter and went out to get a "night" bag. She returned and basically handed me the catheter bag in a plastic bag and told me to dress. I had previously asked Dr. Jones about the in-home care nurse and he said they would be in contact and were used primarily to reduce emergency room visits during the time the catheter was in place and would remove it in 5 days. There were no instructions or demonstration on the care and use of the catheter beyond that. I arrived home and texted the in-home nurse to ask what will be her schedule for the next few days. That was now 4 hours ago with no response. Thank heavens for YouTube so I could learn about how to care for this uncomfortable foreign object inserted into my body.
Great care and information
— Bill Pimentel
Dr. Jones always does his best for me. He is very good about listening and explaining things.
— Kelly Bolingbroke